I just published a new menu access called “Oracle EBS Q&A” in my blog. You’re welcome to search, read or submit questions or any topic about Oracle E-Business Suite Technical and Functional over there, and then we can discuss it together. You can also directly comment on my answer page or send email to me to discuss them.
Welcome to enjoy it!
Method to migrate wordpress from one hosting provider to another:
- Go to old hosting provider's control panel to backup your wordpress database to a sql statement;
- Log into old hosting provider's ftp server to backup all you website files to your local computor;
- Add on your domain name in your new hosting provider and create the main directory for this domain name;
- Upload all your website files from your local computer to the main directory;
- Create a new MySQL database in your new hosting provider and import your backuped SQL statement to the new database;
- Edit the wp_configure.php file in your new hosting provider, to change the database name, database user and password;
- Log into your wordpress homepage to have a look.
If you met a blank page during your first logon, you can debug it through viewing the source code of your blank page. Generally, it is brought by your plugins. So we strongly recommend you to inactive your all plugins before doing above steps. If you have done, just change the name of /wp_content/plugin/ folder, then WordPress will automatically inactive all of the plugins. Then you can see your homepage and admin pages, where you can active the plugins again.
Some wordpress plug-in needs API key to active, e.g. Akismet and WordPress.com Stats. To apply a new API key, you can:
1. Go to http://en.wordpress.com/api-keys/
2. Click “Free Keys” to get Akismet API key.
3. Click “Sign Up for a WordPress.com account” link to get other plug-ins API key. After signing up the account, an API key will be sent to your inbox.
WordPress is a great and strongly powerful blogging platform on the base on mySQL and php. The contributor created a lot of themes and plug-ins, so you can select a theme for your blog website against your style and your blog content and you can also add a lot of plugins to enhance your blog.
Now WP 3.0 has been released. You can downloaded from http://wordpress.org. The new release has below new features:
- WordPress and WordPress MU have merged, allowing the management of multiple sites (called Multisite) from one WordPress installation.
- New default theme “Twenty Ten” takes full advantage of the current features of WordPress.
- New custom menu management feature, allows creation of custom menus combining posts, pages, categories, tags, and links for use in theme menus or widgets.
- Custom header and background APIs.
- Contextual help text accessed under the Help tab of every screen in the WordPress administration.
- Bulk updating of themes with an automatic maintenance mode during the process.
- Support for shortlinks.
- Improved Custom post types and custom taxonomies including hierarchical (category-style) support.
- A lighter admin color scheme to increase accessibility and put the focus more squarely on your content.
To change the language of wordpress to Chinese, open the wp-config.php from ftp and change below line to
define (‘WPLANG’, ‘zh_CN’);
To compare with osCommerce, I also installed another very famous e-commerce open source website template – Zen Cart ( http://www.zen-cart.cn ), but after installing it I can’t open the shopping homepage and admin homepage. Only a blank page, even no error message. Why?
Google it and found I need to install a debug plug-in to get the error message firstly. The debug plug-in is published by Zen Cart in the link of http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?main_page=product_contrib_info&products_id=860
Against the debug plug-in, I got the three error message:
[14-Mar-2010 01:32:20] PHP Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /var/www/html/zencart2/includes/classes/seo.url.php on line 49
[14-Mar-2010 01:32:20] PHP Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /var/www/html/zencart2/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 147
[14-Mar-2010 01:32:20] PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare date_diff() in /var/www/html/zencart2/includes/functions/functions_general.php on line 1479
I ignore the first two, strictly, it is just a warning message.
For the third, I looks a little complex. I googled it and found a patch from Zen Cart again. This error just appears on PHP 5.3.x. The un-patched Zen Cart 1.3.8(a) is not support php 5.3.x. To download the patch and the installation guide, you can refer to the link of http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140960.
Next step – I need to find out a beautiful template for Zen Cart. 🙂
After installing apache, php, mySQL in my local environment, I need to install a phpMyAdmin to help me manage mySQL database. Below is the steps I executed,
1. Create a new folder called phpmyadmin under your apache publish folder whose default is /var/www/html/
2. Extract the downloaded phpmyadmin package to the new folder
3. Config the phpmyadmin
- Open the terminate to create and open config.inc.php
- Change/add the below lines
4. Restart apache then open http://localhost/phpmyadmin
Note: You can set up config.inc.php as 777 permission mode(755 ok), otherwise you will meet error message as “Wrong permissions on configuration file, should not be world writable!”
You may meet this error when you first log into phpMyAdmin
For second error, you need to install php mbstring extension by running “# yum install php-mbstring” in terminal, inserting “extension=mbstring.so” to php.ini and then restarting the apache service.
For the first error, click “here” hyper-link to get the check list, and change the config.inc.php file against the check list with your own requirement.
osCommerce is an open source e-commerce shop solution. I should be interesting and meaningful to try it if you want to build your own on-line shop. The first step is installation.
1. Install the Linux (fedora 12) with MySQL, Apache and PHP.
2. Install/Update PHP with GD, run below command with root account
# yum install php-gd
# /etc/init.d/httpd restart
3. Copy your download folders and files to your apache home folder.
4. Create user, database; grant user’s privileges in MySQL.
5. Visit http://localhost/catalog/install/
6. Enter the MySQL database information. You need to create a new database called oscommerce and created a new user called oscommerce in step 4.
7. Set up web server
8. Set up your store
Then you can have a look at your store by clicking “Catalog” button or continue to set up your store by clicking “Administration” button.