1. Define system parameters in order management setup
“Allow Multiple Payments” as “Y”
2. Define receipt class and payment method and assign document sequence (Optional)
3. Define payment term with “Prepayment” option enabled.
4. Define receivable activity with “Prepayment” type
1. Create sales order and book it.
2. Go to Actions -> Payment, create prepayment. A prepayment type receipt will be created in AR.
Cr. Prepayment (Actually a liability account)
3. Release, pick confirm, ship confirm sales order and run autoinvoice and prepayment match program in AR. AR invoice is auto created and applied with prepayment.
One user reported she can’t return on PO receipt to vendor and meet the error code APP-PO-14094 like below:
When meeting this message, we always check the status of PO/PO line/PO shipment lines. If the status is cancel or closed, the user may can’t do RTV. But for this case, the status of PO/PO line/PO shipment line are all “Open”.
Then I think maybe the goods has been sold out. In Oracle, if you want to do RTV, you must make sure there are enough goods in the original inventory organization and subinventory when you received them. But for this case, there’re enough goods over there.
At last, I checked “Transaction Status Summary” window and found there’s a pending transactions over there. This is maybe because something happens when the user try to do RTV(return to supplier) and it makes transaction pending and failed. I deleted this transaction from this form by “Delete” button. Then the user can do RTV again and no error message “APP-PO-14094” shows again.
It is ok to use “return” to correct “receipt” and use “receipt” to correct “return“. For example, you received 20 units and then found you just received 19 units, it is ok to return 1 unit to correct your mistake.
But is it reasonable? No, because it corrupts your receiving and returning trail. In above example, you actually received 19 unit, but in the system it seems that you received 20 unit and then found one unit damaged and then returned it.
So we recommend you to use correct to handle that. Go to Purchasing > Receiving > Correction or Inventory > Transactions > Receiving > Corrections, find out the mistake PO/RMA and then enter the correct quantity.
Please take care that, against your organization’s receiving option setup, you may select Receipt Routing as “Direct Delivery”, then you directly receive and deliver your goods by one one saving action. But when you correct it, you must do two steps for it, one is from your on-hand inventory to receiving inventory, the other is from your receiving inventory to your supplier.